Scroll jumps back to top of the page

Reaction score
I am having a problem scrolling through folders and photos. I scroll down to see the files at the bottom of the page and before I even get there, the pictures jump back to the top of the page. I can't get to the bottom pictures in a folder with 600 photos. It's almost as if the page is reloading as i scroll down. Please can someone tell me how to fix this. I am seriously considering going back to windows 8 I never had this sort of problem there.

If there isn't a fix for this then please tell me how to go back to windows 8

Reaction score
Not finding much response here are we? Are you having the same problem renaming files and folders too? Looks like we'll have to return to Windows 8, but let's hang on a bit to see if anybody knows about this. Good luck, keep posting!

Reaction score
I have the same problem, can't scroll cos it keeps reloading AND I can't rename the file. ARRRRRGH! want to go back to windows 8, unless there is a solution. But I am not sure how to go back to windows 8. Any clues?

Reaction score
I have the same problem, can't scroll cos it keeps reloading AND I can't rename the file. ARRRRRGH! want to go back to windows 8, unless there is a solution. But I am not sure how to go back to windows 8. Any clues?
Kris, you have a background slide show, don't you? Go to Settings, Personalisation, Background, then change from "slide show" to "picture". This will solve the problem and enable you to rename too. There's a glitch, and every time the background picture changes the glitch happens. Windows 10 will only allow the background slide show change its picture every one minute minimum (instead of every 6 seconds with Windows 8.1) so you can still have a slide show on if you want, once you have reset it, but if you do the glitch will still happen once a minute.
See the thread I started https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...onds-it-jumps-back-to-the-top.1155/#post-6235 which was solved when Rob noticed the glitch coinciding with the background slide show. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Reaction score
Kris, you have a background slide show, don't you? Go to Settings, Personalisation, Background, then change from "slide show" to "picture". This will solve the problem and enable you to rename too. There's a glitch, and every time the background picture changes the glitch happens. Windows 10 will only allow the background slide show change its picture every one minute minimum (instead of every 6 seconds with Windows 8.1) so you can still have a slide show on if you want, once you have reset it, but if you do the glitch will still happen once a minute.
See the thread I started https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...onds-it-jumps-back-to-the-top.1155/#post-6235 which was solved when Rob noticed the glitch coinciding with the background slide show. HOPE THIS HELPS!

That solved my and my friend's problem too. Thank you so much. :)

Ask a Question