Scrolling Problems

Reaction score
I have seen issues discussed about scrolling issues with touchpads. I have also read about this issue linked to desktop background image changes.

I have a standard Dell PC with keyboard and mouse. I have a single personal photograph as my background screen.

I use Edge as my browser.

Yet every internet page without exception including the MS 'Where to next' page will jump back to the top when scrolling. It makes web research extremely tiring and difficult.

Please help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is the problem only present in Edge?
Does it do the same thing in other applications (MS Word, MS Excel) or when using File Explorer?
Have you tried using Internet Explorer (Start Button, All Apps, Windows Accessories, Internet Explorer), does that browser do the same thing?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry.... and unfortunately, likes its' host operating system Edge seems to be in a constant state of flux.
While I don't have much to say about the perpetual updates to the OS, I can choose a browser that works for me and it certainly isn't Edge, so I can't be of much help with your problem.

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I used to be a Firefox user before 'upgrading' to Windows 10, but found it not really adapted so I thought I'd 'do the right thing' and use the new MS browser proposed for the job.

Thanks to your comments I think I'll set the default to Internet Explorer

Ask a Question