Seagate BUP HD Initialized disk failed- Data error ( cyclic redundancy check)

Reaction score
Hi,
My seagate bup slim usb device driver win 7 not recognized, can find it on Disk Management with 'Unallocated', but got Data error ( ciclic redundancy check) when try to initialized disk.
Need help please.
Thanks
Adam

Reaction score

Attachments

• sea tool.PNG
    sea tool.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 66
Reaction score
Usually, if I get a CRC error, it means the drive just died. Since not even the Seatools can help you, you can be sure that your drive is toast. Only option you have is to replace it. Unfortunately, whatever you had stored on it is lost.
I personally do not like Seagate drives as they do not last, but that is just me. Others may have a different experience with Seagate drives.
My favorites are Western Digital. My oldest WD drive is nearly 20 years old and still runs (got Linuxmint on it on an old Gateway PC)....

Reaction score
I agree with Grizzly. I think the drive is gone. I too have had my issues with Seagate in the past. Although I recently had a Western Digital drive go bad. Fortunately it was still under warrantee and they replaced it. But other than that I've had good luck with them. I do have an external Seagate drive that I do my backups to. I've had it going on 10 years and it's performed fine (knock on wood). You really never know with mechanical drives. I think quality in general has gone downhill.

Reaction score
Thanks.
I tear it down till met a 5-star screw and waiting for the screw driver now.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 82
Reaction score
Actually, I do have another one 2T FANTOM hhd is also broke... I don't know why? for just a few years...

Ask a Question