Search bar not working

Reaction score
Hi i have been using windows 10 for a while and i have decided to stick with it and i have decided to remove the windows old folder.

The problem is i am not able to find it with file explorer so i typed (free disk space) in the search bar it was then i realised that the search bar is not working?

I think if i intend to keep windows 10 its time for a clean install what are the pitfall i should keep an eye on please

Reaction score
If your current Win 10 is activated, you can do a clean install any time you want and as many times as you want.
Activation in this case will be automatic since you are cleaning installing over an activated os.

BUT, before you do that, perhaps you should first try to run the Reset option ..............
Left click at Start button > select Settings > select Update & Security > left side, select Recovery > right side, at the top of the list is Reset option.

Other suggestion will be running a system file check ( sfc /scannow ) in elevated command prompt to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
If you need to know how to run sfc /scannow, please post back.

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice

One thing puzzles me when i first updated to windows 10 there was a folder called windowsold on my computer but now its gone?

Is it because i have had windows 10 on my computer for more than a month and windows has removed it automatic

Ask a Question