Search box dropdown

Reaction score
The search box keeps dropping down and listing recently searched websites in blue background.
This obscures what I am working on.
I have to clear it each time by clicking in the searchbox (which changes the background from blue to normal white), then clicking outside the searchbox to close the dropdown listings.
This happens far too often and is really disruptive.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Do you mean file explorer?
file.PNG

Reaction score
Ahh....that's a browser and you need to clear the browser cache and history. You can do that a couple of ways.
Follow this link ... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history

Plus, download Ccleaner and just run the cleaner part of it. That will clear the history and cache of all your browsers.
Thanks, that's very helpful. But, won't it just start rebuilding until I clean it again.
Is there a way of stopping it from dropping down uninvited ?
Geoff

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes and No. It will always build the cache. What that does is speed up the access to website (urls) that you use the most to speed up page loading. You can either clear it manually or use a 3rd party software like Ccleaner or turn it off in the browser. Some will allow that and others don't. That's the how all browsers work. You might find some plugins or extensions for browsers to do it automatically.

Reaction score
Yes and No. It will always build the cache. What that does is speed up the access to website (urls) that you use the most to speed up page loading. You can either clear it manually or use a 3rd party software like Ccleaner or turn it off in the browser. Some will allow that and others don't. That's the how all browsers work. You might find some plugins or extensions for browsers to do it automatically.

Ask a Question