Search Windows function... not

Reaction score
Hello... I have searched (no pun intended) this forum and many others... even tried random articles about the "Search Windows/Cortana box on the task bar never returning any results for anything". I've tried every suggestion I could find... i.e. rebuild index... remove and reinstall Dropbox... change page file size... and so on. But nothing has worked. Totally frustrated!! I can search "file explorer" and that works fine.... but no joy from the task bar search. It's apparent that many other Win 10 users are plagued by this... and you would think Microsoft would come up with some solutions or at least some guidance. Their troubleshooter has shed no light on this either. It appears that there might not be any one solution fits all for this... but If ANYBODY out there... who has tried all the above with no joy... has any new ideas on how to fix this please advise.
Many thanks!!

Reaction score
Hey Wolfie... thanks for the reply... I've already gone through all the suggested solutions at that link... unfortunately none of them worked. Guess I wouldn't be so frustrated if I were the only one with the problem... but from what I've seen on the web it affects many. Find it hard to believe that Microsoft hasn't come up with solutions.... unless I've missed them.
Take care... and thanks again!!

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie... I had also spotted that one awhile back and tried all the suggestions to no avail. I have been to many sites and several forums and am amazed that there is no consensus on steps to take to solve this problem. I will, however, keep hacking away and hopefully will hit pay dirt. Have a good weekend!!

Ask a Question