Second account missing

Reaction score
I was originally running W7 Pro, I had two separate accounts, mine and my wife's on my desktop. I downloaded W10 and when it finally was set up and ready to run it went directly to my wife's account. I logged out and mine was not there, I have a lot of important folders and website shortcuts. Is it possible to get that account back or will I have to be forced to go back to my old W7 setup? I like the program so far and really would like to keep it but I will not sacrifice my profile in order to do so. I figured out how to set up a new account in the W10 program and made one for me and was maybe hoping that all the stuff on my original account would show up......no such luck.... If I go to my Local disk C/ drive it shows the same amount of space I had before I added W10, so I believe my account is still there some where, BUT where!??

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi Brian.
Take a look into user manager
WinKEy + X
type
lusrmgr.msc
See what's listed in the users folder if your account is there check the properties and make sure that it is not disabled.
All your files should still be in C:\Users\YourUserName folder.
Worst case you may have to create a new account and copy the profile from your old one to the new one.

Ask a Question