SOLVED Second Monitor not detected after Windows 10 Pro 1511 Upgrade

Reaction score
I have been using Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad S230 U for several months. I had quite a bit of trouble at first because after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my USB 3.0 dock was not working right, despite upgrading its drivers. The keyboard and mouse worked, but not the monitor. I read the forums and saw that others were having similar troubles with usb 3.0. Finally, it just started working out of the blue. I assumed that Microsoft fixed some sort of problem with the implementation of usb 3.0 with an update. Thereafter, it worked fine for months. I use a full size keyboard, mouse and monitor attached to the dock. Now I have just upgraded to the newest version of Windows 10 - version 1511 10586. And upon reboot, I am right back to where I was after the first time I put Windows 10 on this machine. The keyboard and mouse attached to the usb 3.0 dock work fine, but the monitor is not detected. The cables and power cord are all attached, The monitor works fine as a second monitor when connected to the dock for my other Lenovo notebook which is an X220 that uses a usb 2.0 dock. Very frustrating. Any thoughts? The monitor is a new Samsung SE 510 series.

Reaction score
No one has replied to this post. However, the problem is solved. It solved itself. After running the new windows 10 update for probably three or four hours of usage, it just simply detected the monitor and started duplicating the display on it. There is no explanation of which I am aware for this sequence of events.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up post Frank.
Good to hear that you managed to get things back to normal. I suppose all's well that ends well at least.

Ask a Question