Secondary Monitor Issues

Reaction score
Okay so this problem has been bothering me for a while now, and I have looked up multiple answers all to no help. I have updated the drivers with windows driver update, as well as third party driver update software. I have unplugged and replugged, but nothing works except a weird roundabout setting I will explain in a second.

So the issue I am having is plugging a Dell monitor with DVI to HDMI adapter into the HDMI port of my Acer Aspire v15 nitro, but the monitor just says "Auto Detect Entering Power Save Mode". So nothing shows, but here is the weird thing. I can get it to work but only by opening Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, clicking display, selecting the Dell monitor, and changing the resolution to its lowest option 800 x 600. The Dell monitor will flash on, almost magically, and work fine extending my screen. And then I change the Dell monitor back to its 1680 x 1050 default resolution and the monitor will work 100% fine, until my laptop goes to sleep or is restarted. Then I have to do the weird resolution trick all over again. So I don't know what the issue is here, what I think would be a fine fix is some kind of script? or something that I can just click on my desktop that toggles the resolution to get the monitor working.
Thank you for any help on this issue.

Reaction score
I have similar problem with second monitor too: when I connect my computer to a projector, the second display shows the correct make and model of the projector. However all my 4-3 format power point slides shows up as square. I tried changing to different resolutions but it doesn't always work. Power point that are 16-9 format also look more squarish than it should be. But at least it shows up to be rectangular. Someone please help.

Ask a Question