Seting Up Virtual Machine: Sierra

S

Simon Cook

Hello, I was setting up a virtual machine (Virtual Box) following instructions from multiple sites and other users claimed that it worked, but this method does not work for me. Here are some examples of videos or articles you can find:

, https://techsviewer.com/install-macos-sierra-virtualbox-windows/.

I am running a custom PC, and I have not tried changing the settings unless specified by the article or video. Do you have any solutions for fixing this issue, so I can run Mac in Windows 10. I have also dried using a dmg I found, but Virtual Box does not recognize the dmg file as usable. Thanks.

PS.
Here is some of the text I pasted into command prompt one by one:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "macOS 10.12 Sierra" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Second:
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "macOS 10.12 Sierra" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternalDevicesefi0Config DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternalDevicesefi/0Confi gDmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternalDevicesefi/0Confi gDmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternalDevicessmc/0Confi gDeviceKey" " ourhardworkbythesewordsguarded pleasedontsteal(c) AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternalDevicessmc/0Confi g/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Lastly:
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "macOS 10.12 Sierra" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Simon Cook

I don't think that the manual specifically mentions my ideas, but trying other methods still does not work on this computer. I have also tried a new method that does not seem to work.

I got the Guru Mediation Error with the commands saying (after changing to Mac 64 bit)
Error allocating 0x800 pages at 0x0000000001a00000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot Failed. Mac Boot

However, doing this by changing the operating system at the beginning of the setup caused a completely black screen. Is there a reason why this would not work in some other way?

Here are the logs (I converted the .logs file to .txt, so this site can support it). The files are from "C:\Users\[My Conputer's Name]\VirtualBox VMs\MacOS\Logs"

Attachments

• VBox.png
    VBox.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • VirtualBox VM 5.txt
    255.5 KB · Views: 1,274
  • VBoxHardening.txt
    315.2 KB · Views: 1,151
Reaction score
However, doing this by changing the operating system at the beginning of the setup caused a completely black screen. Is there a reason why this would not work in some other way?
It might be down to the amount of memory you allocated it or your GPU but I really don't know sorry!. :(

Reaction score
I gave up on OSx and virtualbox and went the vmware player route. No hassle, it works. Screen size adapts and the performance is rather good.

S

Simon Cook

I gave up on OSx and virtualbox and went the vmware player route. No hassle, it works. Screen size adapts and the performance is rather good.
What is the method for using OSx and vmware player? Is there an option for using Mac OSx because there does not seem to be an option for OSx. Also, I use an AMD system, so that might be different for me.

Ask a Question