Setting new accounts in Windows 10

Reaction score
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I had one account in Windows 8.1 (& Win 10 after the upgrade). I want to set new accounts in my laptop (Toshiba Satellite C70, Intel i5, 8 GB ram). I read on the web and followed the instructions as advised. I set up two accounts which one will be for my use and I want it to be admin too (password protected), the other I want it as Guest, but Guest account is not included in Win 10, so I gave it other name and did not provide a password to access this account. I noticed the following: in the two new accounts, I was able to see the folders of my original accountant which is the administrator. When I read the web, it stated if you set it up as standard, each account will not be able to see other users files and folders, but to my surprise, I was able to see the admin (original account) folders and installed software (like PC games). I am not that technical in computer, just a basic user with limited knowledge. I appreciate assistance in directing me on how to create new accounts and how to make one as administrator, and one as guest, and one a local that the guest and local will not be able to see the other user accounts' folders and files.
Thank you for your help.

Ask a Question