SOLVED Settings opening

Reaction score
Ever time I open Settings it opens to the task bar page. Can move around to all pages once I go to the main Settings page. Is there a way to set the Settings opening page?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the Settings opening page?
There probably is, but I haven't heard of it yet.
IF
You hold down the WinKey (between Ctrl and Alt) bottom left of most keyboards and the I key, does the Settings window open normally or still with the Taskbar Settings page.

Reaction score
By golly! It opened normally....

I didn't add that it happened when it opened it from the task bar, my usual method. Your advice worked as you stated. Then I looked at opening it from the Window Start key, right click, "Settings", and it also opens to the main page. So, I guess my 'learning for the day' is that if you use the task bar to open "Settings", it assumes you are wanting the task bar page to open. Does that make sense? Wonder how many more ways there are to open Settings?

I'll try looking it up on Google tomorrow since I can only handle having only one 'learning for the day' per day. Tough getting old ain't it........

Now I'll try and close the thread using "Solved", if I can also learn that today. Pushing my luck I know, but what the hey, what have I got to lose .............

Thanks Trouble

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So, I guess my 'learning for the day' is that if you use the task bar to open "Settings", it assumes you are wanting the task bar page to open
That would be a good assumption.
As a matter of fact in the latest version of Windows 10 .....
IF you right click the taskbar, the wording says......"Taskbar settings"

Reaction score
If I right click on the taskbar it actually shows the cogwheel and 'taskbar settings'

Reaction score
Tom,
From Trouble's response above yours.

As a matter of fact in the latest version of Windows 10 .....
IF you right click the taskbar, the wording says......"Taskbar settings"

Apparently I don't have the latest W10.

Ask a Question