SOLVED Should I try again????????

Reaction score
I played with the "Test" version of Win 10 on a virtual PC. I have to say I liked it so I took the plunge and upgraded my 7 Pro. The results were less than perfect. I did a selective install as I have read about 10's privacy issues. Very long boot times, long program load times, hangs when shutting down programs and really poor multitasking performance. I had an image for backup but a roll back was successful and all is running as before. My question is should I try again? I am still getting the upgrade notice but am nervous. I have a rather "large" system as in programs as I do photography as a hobby. The thought of a clean install and reloading and registering everything is a deal breaker. Opinions????

Reaction score
That's a tough question. If you have a backup image, and you have some time, I say give it a shot. At least do the upgrade, and get it activated. Then if you want to back out, the next time you actually need to do a clean install, you could clean install Windows 10, and still be able to activate it.

Reaction score
That's a tough question. If you have a backup image, and you have some time, I say give it a shot. At least do the upgrade, and get it activated. Then if you want to back out, the next time you actually need to do a clean install, you could clean install Windows 10, and still be able to activate it.
Thank you for your response.
I perform weekly backup. I guess I am wondering if I had a glitch of some sort and maybe another try would give better results. I understand 30 days and you can't roll back so a backup is needed. I spoke with someone the other day and he said he did frequent reboots over a few days and his system smoothed out and is running fine now. I ran mine for a couple of days and did maybe 3 reboots. I guess more investigation is needed.
Your point of getting it activated (free!) is good. Never thought of that.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
2nd times a charm???
Did another update and this time it went smooth. Uninstalled firewall program, did auto install, performed 3 reboots and then ran system privacy and shut down all the snooping. 2 more reboots and now I have to say I like it. Good multi tasking, programs start as they did in 7. Don't know if what I did really had any affect but hey, it worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience FJRPilot.
Glad to hear that you managed to get it resolved and that everything is working for you now.
Much appreciated.
One question......
What does
and then ran system privacy and shut down all the snooping
mean??

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience FJRPilot.
Glad to hear that you managed to get it resolved and that everything is working for you now.
Much appreciated.
One question......
What does

mean??
System settings, privacy. Shut down all the snooping. No Cortana, no accessing contacts or private items, no auto camera access. Keep it private.

Ask a Question