SOLVED Side Dock (left/right side of screen) for Windows 10

Reaction score
Is there a Side Dock for Windows 10, that will give you a Dock on either left or right side (instead of the top or bottom) … ? I found RocketDock, which I really like, sorta like the old Mac Dock, but I would like to add a Side Dock also …..

Reaction score
You can move the taskbar to the sides as well if needed. Otherwise please explain what you are trying to achieve?

Regedit32

Reaction score
As Grizzly note. Just move the taskbar:
  • Right-click on taskbar and confirm Lock the taskbar is not checked. If it is checked, then left click to remove the check
  • Now just left-click and hold whilst you drag your mouse to the left or right side to move the taskbar.
  • Release your mouse button when the taskbar is located where you want it.
  • Finally, right-click taskbar again, then left-click on Lock the taskbar

Reaction score
I discovered that I can set RocketDock to the side, and then I found Nexus Dock, which I have set to the top. I'm keeping the Windows Taskbar at the bottom.

Reaction score
Now you can see RocketDock on the left ... Nexus Dock on the top. This is exactly what I wanted to achieve. I can set both Docks to hide, and appear when hovering the mouse. SideSlide (which is a second Desktop) is the small window.

NexusRocketDockSideSlide02a-092819.png

Reaction score
Interesting. Reminds me a lot of a Mac. I am glad it worked out for you...

I'm trying to get the most efficiency out of my computer ….. Soon I will have a 42-inch screen (failing eyesight). I just added a Calendar to the desktop and also Fence and ViPad. Soon will pay for the unlocked version of Actual Windows (another awesome Mac feature, from many years ago). I'm using two monitors, so I have plenty of screen real estate.

Reaction score
When I move the taskbar to either side it is much wider than its height when at the bottom. I wish the width could be made smaller than its current minimum when on a side.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When I move the taskbar to either side it is much wider than its height when at the bottom. I wish the width could be made smaller than its current minimum when on a side.

Once you have moved taskbar to right or left side, if your hover mouse cursor on the taskbar's edge you'll get a double arrow, that if you left-click and drag, allows you to make the taskbar wider or thinner.

If you have already got to the default 'thinnest' size for the taskbar, then right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.

In the Taskbar settings dialog you should see an option to toggle on called: Use small taskbar buttons.

When that is toggled on you can then use the double arrow left-click drag to make it a bit more thinner.

Reaction score
Once you have moved taskbar to right or left side, if your hover mouse cursor on the taskbar's edge you'll get a double arrow, that if you left-click and drag, allows you to make the taskbar wider or thinner.

If you have already got to the default 'thinnest' size for the taskbar, then right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.

In the Taskbar settings dialog you should see an option to toggle on called: Use small taskbar buttons.

When that is toggled on you can then use the double arrow left-click drag to make it a bit more thinner.

Thanks for the input. I have already implemented these and it is wider than I think the minimum should be.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any other options to make it thinner. Perhaps someone else has an idea for you blin.

Ask a Question