SIdebar Gadgets...?

Reaction score
Hi, are Sidebar Gadgets still considered unsafe & not wise to be use or can I download & use in Windows 10? Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
dj, I tried some in Windows 10, and they caused problems on my rig that had been updated from Windows 7. However, a laptop that I upgraded from Windows 8 runs one gadget just fine. The Windows Store has some devices similar to different gadgets, and I would use them.

Reaction score
To begin with, thanks for responding to my thread! I'd upgraded my Windows 10 from Windows 8 (or 8.1) on my laptop, so the gadgets might work on my laptop...? I tried the gadgets from The Windows Store, except it doesn't have the 'calendar' gadget, which is really what I'm trying to obtain. You wouldn't know/remember the website you gadgets from?

Reaction score
dj, I can't remember, but the only one that works well on my laptops is a clock. Win 10 is pretty hostile to third-party apps as it is. I advise you to get a Windows Store calendar and work with it.

Reaction score
Alan and Ram, you're all right! After setting a Restore point (Type Restore Point into Cortana and it takes you there). I installed the program you recommended, which was not what I had used, and the three gadgets I want all work fine.

Ask a Question