SOLVED Sign in screen

Reaction score
Brand new Acer laptop: I could't wait to get my mitts on the signup I was in the wrong VM password etc and now It can go back or next.

How long does it take to charge the LT up from new, and will the buttons work after charge up?

Acer Aspire onWindows10
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi Norton, problem is there was more than one signup option to VM and I chose the wrong one and could't get back to option. Everything we do in Windows needs wireless working.
I can't change anything.
Thanks for helping.i
Its been on charge from the wall and the small charger all afternoon.

Reaction score
Big problem Norton but thanks for the link.
None of the passwords for service provider works. I even did remote access and that did't work to their surprise.
My son is at work and he said use ssid but for things like that I dont know the first thing.
This laptop is turning into a nightmare.
Dont stress it will get sorted once my son can get round.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was in the wrong VM password etc
I don't understand the reference to "VM" regarding a "Brand new Acer Laptop".
Typically "VM" means "Virtual Machine" and I'm not sure why a new acer laptop would be running a Virtual Machine. Not that you couldn't or wouldn't or shouldn't..... it just seems a strange place to be with respect to a new laptop.
IF it is truly a "brand new" computer and contains no personal critical data then you should be able to start over with the factory OOBE ( Out Of Box Experience ).
You should have some documentation that may help you determine how to best accomplish this task or the Acer support website might be helpful
http://community.acer.com/t5/2012-A...-my-acer-laptop-to-factory-settings/td-p/6589

I couldn't find anything current but I would think that perhaps with the exact model name and number you would be able to find out how to specifically get it back to factory fresh condition.
http://community.acer.com/t5/English-Community/ct-p/en

Perhaps even, depending on exactly where you are at in the setup process, a simple reboot might start the process over again from the beginning.

How long does it take to charge the LT up from new, and will the buttons work after charge up?
Generally speaking, if the laptop is plugged into an AC outlet, the current charge condition of the battery should not impact your ability to use the device

Reaction score
Thanks for your support Trouble, also Norton!

I am sorted now but one thing to add: VM is Virginmedia not Virtual machine.. I should have wrote that so I am sorry.

Ask a Question