"Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 Home. When I go onto Settings>Account and clicked on the link Sign in with Microsoft account instead and a windows pops up and flashes then disappears. I have tried clicking it multiple times but the cursor shows a load sign, the windows flashes and nothing happens. I have had the same problem signing into the Windows store. I have tried entering lusrmgr.msc on the Run program but it will not allow me to as I am running Windows 10. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I don't really have a solution although I know that there are some updates.
A windows update, which for some reason, some people have not gotten yet or until just recently which I believe requires a reboot
As well as app updates including one for the store itself.
So check windows updates and reboot if required, as well as the Store (go to the top where you account picture would normally show and click, choose download and then check for downloads) when the store app updates it will close so you may have to go back and do it again to complete any remaining app updates.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I don't really have a solution although I know that there are some updates.
A windows update, which for some reason, some people have not gotten yet or until just recently which I believe requires a reboot
As well as app updates including one for the store itself.
So check windows updates and reboot if required, as well as the Store (go to the top where you account picture would normally show and click, choose download and then check for downloads) when the store app updates it will close so you may have to go back and do it again to complete any remaining app updates.

I have checked for updates and rebooted my PC and the problem is still there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
These types of issues are very difficult to troubleshoot and seem often to be unique to a particular user profile and possibly a product of something, during the upgrade process that may have corrupted the profile.

If it were my machine I would create a second local administrators group user account and test to see if the problem was also present using that account.
If the problem did not persist then I would set about moving the contents of my old profile folder over to the new one.

Ask a Question