SOLVED Sign in with Microsoft account disabled

Reaction score
I can't sign in with a Microsoft account, it is disabled when i click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the link goes grey when I click it and nothing happens. I also can't sign in to the Mail app for the same reason. When I click Add account the same thing just happens and also can't sign in via the App store.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Click on settings and go to accounts. In there click on "Manage my MS account"...this should open web page for you, then sign in with your MS account that is associated with windows 10. The try signing in with a MS account in windows 10.

Reaction score
That's where I go to try and do it, and I don't have an option for "Manage my MS account" maybe because it's currently a local account and not a Microsoft account? All it says is "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" and when I click that it just goes from blue to grey on the hover but nothing happens when I click it.

Do you reckon reverting back to my Windows 7 install and trying again might work or it's likely to do the same thing again?

Reaction score
Thanks anyway

I think I'll try reverting back to Windows 7 and then back to 10 and hope that works

Reaction score
That was really weird, so I was clicking around the settings and I clicked on windows update to try and see if maybe there was any new updates I needed to make it work. I clicked on advanced options and in there it asked me to sign in to a Microsoft Account which made it work so I'm now signed in but it was weird because it wouldn't work in the Windows Store or in the Account settings so why it randomly worked there I have no idea.

Ask a Question