SimCity 4

Reaction score
Is it possible to run SimCity 4 on Windows 10? If so how? I tried reinstalling it, hoping that would solve the compatibility problem, but it still doesn't work.

Reaction score
I did some googling on your topic.
So far I can come up with................ it's a no go in Windows 10.
But then I am not a gamer and I don't play SimCity. So, what do I know ?

Reaction score
Is it possible to run SimCity 4 on Windows 10? If so how? I tried reinstalling it, hoping that would solve the compatibility problem, but it still doesn't work.
I may be accused of ranting but here goes. I found that some motherboards BIOS has updates which address Windows 10 compatibility. Perhaps, that might solve some issues we have been experiencing, especially gaming issues. Perhaps not. In any case, it is an advanced procedure to do that. Still, it may be something to consider if all else fails.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Many game and some other software issues are linked to the new version of secdrv.sys which seems to be linked to older software that rely on DRM to work and evidently the new version of secdrv.sys doesn't play well with older Digital Rights Management (SafeDisk or SecureROM).

Reaction score
Since I first posted this thread, I have made some progress. Using the compatibility troubleshooter, I have reset the Windows settings to Windows XP and now get as far as the opening menu. When I press 'Play', however, still nothing happens. Any ideas as to what is still not right and what I should try next?