Skype and printer do not work after windows 10 download

Reaction score
I have installed windows 10. Files were transferred well, but skype isn't working properly. I can hear the other side, but the other side can't hear me. Also the printer isn't working. Please help, thanks, Lydia

Reaction score
What is the make and model of the printer? How is it connected?

I am not familiar with Skype but have you checked, via the sounds icon on the taskbar, that 'recording devices' shows that a microphone is plugged in? Does the microphone work for Cortana for instance?

Reaction score
Hi Team,
The printer is Lexmark PRO 205, and it is connected via a USB CABLE. regarding Skype , I downloaded the latest version, I haven't changed any setting from the former version which worked fine.
Thanks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You may need to reinstall your printer driver.
It doesn't seem that they have a Windows 10 specific driver package but they do have one for Windows 8 which should work well enough with Windows 10.
http://support.lexmark.com/index?lo...e=EN_US&productCode=LEXMARK_PROSPECT_PRO205#2
It might be best if you turn off your printer and disconnect it, remove any previous installation instances as well as any associated software / driver packages using Device Manager and the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel.
Then once you have downloaded the Windows 8 driver from their site and rebooted. Install the software and when prompted connect the printer.

Ask a Question