SOLVED Sleep settings "factory reset"

Reaction score
I have an old Lenovo laptop which I'm using under Windows 10 as a desktop with an external monitor, keyboard and hard disk (HP Simplesave)

The Lenovo uses an arcane battery charger which doesn't operate until the battery level falls below 60%. In order to have this work properly, I've created a sleep power setting that specifies "never" for both charging and battery power. Operating this way is only a problem if I run under battery power during an electrical power failure -- something that I've endeavoured not to do.

My problem occurs when I manually specify "sleep". After I restart my machine It goes into sleep mode after about 10 minutes of usage -- as if the sleep settings are reset to "factory default". It keeps doing this until I shutdown or restart -- in which case the sleep setting goes back to my "never" regime.

I would like to fix this short of buying a new desktop. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
It appears as if this condition only appears if I have used windows-x,u,s twice before restart or shutdown. Still strange but livable.

Ask a Question