Slow Folder Rename / File Delete / File Copy PLEASE HALP

Reaction score
I can't seem to fix this problem, after days of trying to fix it. Normally deleting files is instantaneous, and I only see the dialogue with a progress bar flicker into view, and then away again. Lately, the dialogue appears, and locks at 99%, and stays for around 5-10 seconds. even for empty folders or text files, this is an issue. This issue is identical with copying files (again, no matter the size.)

Similarly, with new folders, you are immediately prompted to rename the folder, which I normally do. Normally, the folder instantaneously is renamed. Like, there wasn't even a slight delay, EVER. Since, like Windows 7. Now, after renaming any folder, the window I rename it in freezes, and stops responding, prompting me to force close. The freeze occurs for around 15-30 seconds, until finally the windows defogs, and I can continue editing.

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm not sure if I caused this, but I am running a preview version (10.0.10586), so I'm inclined to believe that it's the build's issue, not mine... I realize this is trivial, but it really does make a difference.

Ask a Question