Slow media playback

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so I'm not sure if I'm posting on the right thread but I ran into an issue that has been bugging me for a while now.
For some time, my laptop has been loading media files like MP3, mp4 and mkv files extremely slowly. In some cases, it would just tell me that the MP3 failed to be executed. I thought it could be a setting problem or something but definitely not slow hdd as I have an ssd paired with sshd. This carried on even after I switched to a new drive. I even tried to play the files on my ssd and its giving me the same problem.
Restarting won't help me at all and this even affects playback on YouTube or any streaming player. Any solutions?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Pius,

Welcome to the Forum.

What app are you using to listen to mps3 etcetera?

If its the Windows Media Player then you could try the three troubleshooting tools built into Windows 10 to see whether that fixes any issues.
  • Press Windows key and S key to get focus on the Search box
  • In the Search box type troubleshoot then press Enter key
  • In left pane of window that opens click on View all
  • Now run each of the three Windows Media troubleshooting apps listed there in main window

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question