SOLVED Slow to boot

Reaction score
Boot time for my W7 Pro was 50 seconds. With the upgrade to W10 Pro, boot time has increased to 80 seconds. Is this typical (nothing else was changed with my 7yo PC)?

Reaction score
Boot time for my W7 Pro was 50 seconds. With the upgrade to W10 Pro, boot time has increased to 80 seconds. Is this typical (nothing else was changed with my 7yo PC)?

Boot time is now 30secs by replacing the HDD with an SSD.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Another testimonial for moving from a mechanical spinner to an SSD. I'd expect that boot time to improve some, overtime..... you may want to check to see if the drive manufacturer has a firmware update as well as software to optimize the drive for your particular needs (performance, versus reliability, versus capacity, etc.,)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 468
Reaction score
Cold boot time with my HDD has always been about 30 seconds with Windows 10. A reboot will take about 90 seconds. But cold boots are always much faster. Guess I'm a cheapskate but I still won't pay the prices asked for an SSD :)

Reaction score
The MoBo on my 7yo desktop is only SATA 2 capable so I guess my shiny-new SSD is throttled back somewhat.
I've also installed W10 Pro on my 4yo laptop (with HDD) and it boots in about 20secs.

Reaction score
MrED What on earth are you going to spend that extra 30 seconds on? You just increased your workload. ;)

Reaction score
My other nickname is "fast eddie".
Yeah, I know, I gotta get a life.

Ask a Question