Slowly Does It On Ms Daily Challenge

Reaction score
I think I might have had an update when I wasn't looking because I am having difficulty accessing the challenge and Google, takes forever to connect and ms challenge says it is having trouble connecting to the internet, gets there in the end but takes a long time. Once Google is up I can search and browse easily so no problems with the internet connection normally. Just noticed I have had a google chrome icon put on my bottom bar, what else I ask myself.

Reaction score
Not sure, but I don't think Chrome would put an icon on your taskbar without your intervention?

Reaction score
No intention to offend, but it is impossible for chrome to have installed itself, without you agreeing to something.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Once Google is up
No way would I put chrome on my pc,
What browser are you actually using?
I believe a default install of Chrome will place a taskbar icon and I believe even a desktop icon as well.
Have you checked the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel to determine if "Google Chrome" is installed on the computer?

Reaction score
No way would I put chrome on my pc, I have enough trouble with Google without adding to it.

Chrome adds it self to the list of apps an puts a desktop icon up. You have to click on it in the app list to get it onto start or taskbar.

Why would one NOT have chrome on ones PC? If it were possible I could understand not having Ege, IE, Firefox, Pale Moon etc. But Chrome with the integration with Google and YouTube seems like the best one around. imho of course.

Reaction score
If you are only seeing the Google icon on your taskbar when it is running, it's because you have the option to showing running programs on your taskbar turned on.

The only way it would show by default is the way Tim Locke above has stated.

Ask a Question