Some apps are flickering on my PC with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Hello,
Since two weeks I noticed on my computer that certain apps disappear immediately of the screen when I click on it to open it. These are the apps as calculator, Photos, Maps, weather forecast, Microsoft News which have this problem.
All the rest of the computer is working properly as Word, Excel, Gmail, calendar, even my printer. There are no special messages to warn something is not working properly inside my computer run by Windows 10!
Could you say to me which cause might be at the origin of these problems and the way to fix it if possible.

Best Regards
(excuse me for some mistakes in my message. English is not my mother tongue language.)

Reaction score
Hi Coat,

what version of Win 10 do you have?, if it is an older version, an upgrade may solve the problem(s) for you?

What GPU do you have and what device is it (laptop or PC)?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Coat,

what version of Win 10 do you have?, if it is an older version, an upgrade may solve the problem(s) for you?

What GPU do you have and what device is it (laptop or PC)?. :)

Hi Wolfie,
My computer is not a laptop. It is a PC with a box set on the floor, a screen and a keyboard on my desk.
The version of Windows 10 I have, is 2004; version du système 19041.329. These are the numbers I have found by searching in my computer. What do you mean by GPU? Certainly this is a term used in informatics. I did not find the translation in french.
Thank you for having responded very fast to my message. :)
Best Regards
COAT

Reaction score
Hi Coat,

GPU stands for "Graphical Processing Unit", basically your graphics card!. "Unité de traitement graphique", I hope that is right, haven't done French since school, 50 years ago!. :)

Anyway, what GPU do you have?, what CPU do you have and have you installed any "chipset drivers" for it?. :)

Au revoir mon ami et bonne chance. :cool:

Reaction score
Update the BIOS and the drivers of your device.
Especially the GPU drivers.
Once the Bios is updated and all the drivers are updated and in place, your issue will be solved.

Reaction score
Update the BIOS and the drivers of your device.
Especially the GPU drivers.
Once the Bios is updated and all the drivers are updated and in place, your issue will be solved.

Hi JustinC
Thank you for responding me very fast. :)
I wanted to ask you, where is the BIOS on a PC? I can use a computer but I am not specialized in informatics. I don't know very well all the terms used in it. Generally where can I find the drivers on my PC?

Best Regards
René-Christian COAT

Reaction score
Hi Coat,

as soon as the computer boots, press the "Pause button" on your keyboard, you should be be able to read which button you need to press to enter BIOS, normally one of the following 3 buttons, F1, F2 or Del.

See also:

If you tell us the make and model, we can look for a possible BIOS update should one be available.

You still haven't told us what GPU you have?. :)

Reaction score
Hi
I have perhaps found something which could help you to help me. I have found this reference: Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-4170 CPU@ 3.70 GHz 3.70 GHz. Ram installed: 6.00 Go
An other problem too; when I want to see a photograph by using the apps Photos, an error message appears with a number (-2147219196).

With Thanks.

Reaction score
Look at System Info in the computer, it will tell you the make of the model. :)

1593529143353.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Today I followed advice to enter into the BIOS on my PC. I have found this reference; ''Version du BIOS: 0401
Do you think this number might be useful to fix the problems on my PC?

Best Regards
COAT

Reaction score
Hi Coat,

yes that is helpful, if you look at the make and model of your computer, you can check for a BIOS update on their website, a BIOS upgrade may well help your situation?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Yesterday I tried to find a website on which I could find an update to fix these problems! But I did not find anything. In fact I don't really know where I could go on the internet to find these updates. Perhaps in a Microsoft website?
:)
With Thanks.
René-Christian COAT

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

The make and model of my computer is: ASUS Desktop PC A_F_k31ADE Series. DESKTOP-EV7EJK0.
Regards.
COAT

Ask a Question