Some Questions About Most Recent Update

Reaction score
I initially had problems getting the latest update on both my Desktop and my Notebook.. I found that I was setup to receive updates slowly and after changing that to Fast it detected the update on both. Both are set to automatically install the updates and my Desktop did just that. Seemed to update the Desktop ok.

However the Notebook recognized there was an update and the download started and quit too quickly with no error indicated. Still says that the build is the old one. All subsequent checks for updates indicate there is none even though it is set to fast.

So far I have not played with the new update too much but I do have a few questions about it that are annoying me:

The system boots initially to an old Windows 7 type screen which is what I prefer. When I press either the Windows Key or click on the Windows type icon at the far left of the task bar it switches to a modified version of the old Windows 8 screen with my pinned Tiles, again what I prefer. However, this screen is a semi see through allowing me to see dimly whatever is on my old Windows 7 start screen or running application. I personally find this annoying and gives the impression of clutter. Can this be changed? And how?

Also, the list of applications that installed and available to be pinned to either the Start Screen, Task Bar or Uninstalled is about an inch or so from the left of the Tiled menu screen. Is there a way to change this?

This latest build seemed to solve the problem I was having with the Windows Store (Beta) closing issue.

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
However, this screen is a semi see through allowing me to see dimly whatever is on my old Windows 7 start screen or running application. I personally find this annoying and gives the impression of clutter. Can this be changed?
Nope.... not so far, at this point in time. Someone will probably figure out where it's controlled and come up with a registry hack or maybe Microsoft will at some later date allow the transparency to be adjusted.
Not sure who thought that, making it transparent in the first place was a particularly good idea.

Also, the list of applications that installed and available to be pinned to either the Start Screen, Task Bar or Uninstalled is about an inch or so from the left of the Tiled menu screen. Is there a way to change this?
I assume you mean when the "normal" Start Menu, is fully expanded??
AND again..... I don't think that layout can be adjusted.

Ask a Question