Something locked my start menu (Can not customize)

Reaction score
Hi guys, i don't know what locked my start menu, or what i changed something, now, i can not customize my tiles. There is just ONe options is "MORE" when right-clicked on. No UNPIN, no RESIZE, just MORE. I'm using Edu editon. Please Help. Thank you guys.
Screenshot (33).png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is some information out there that indicates that some third party software can cause problems with the Start Menu and associated Tiles.
Some of them include security suite software (kaspersky keeps coming up), so......
If you have anything like that installed, you might consider removing it completely to see if the problem is resolved. Including running the vendor specific and proprietary removal tool (google it).
Other than that, try clean booting the system and see if that changes anything
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Reaction score
As Trouble says. Disable Mcafee temporarily and see if the problem is resolved.

Reaction score
Phuongduc, Welcome aboard! If switching to Defender for your anti-virus doesn't work, try this:

Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager--File--Run New Task, and then type powershell into the box that appears. Check the box giving you Administrator Privileges and hit Enter. In the PowerShell command line, type sfc /scannow. Notice that there is a space after sfc.

The scan for corrupted files will take some time, but it won't hurt anything.

Ask a Question