Sometimes I can't use my computer

Reaction score
My Microsoft program thinks that my granddaughter is the primary user of my computer. I don't know how this happened but it's preventing me from doing certain things.

She comes to visit from Los Angeles every summer and I let her load her different games on my computer, she usually removes her name before she goes back, I called Xbox and they said they'd take her off and it never happened, I also tried to get Microsoft to do something but they said I have to speak to you.. I have Windows 10 64byte. thanks

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter between whether it is Win10 32-bit or Win10 64-bit. It most likely needs to go into the Users list in Settings while logged into your account with administrative rights and remove her. A choice there would be to either keep her files or delete them, as administrator you should still have access to them. Depending upon her needs she could be able to work with Standard account, just have limits on what can be done, install or uninstall programs, etc., but wouldn't necessarily prevent Internet access. If you can't log into your account you may need to activate the hidden [by default] actual Administrator account to make changes, just be sure to log out of it when done.

Reaction score
My Microsoft program thinks that my granddaughter is the primary user of my computer. I don't know how this happened but it's preventing me from doing certain things.

She comes to visit from Los Angeles every summer and I let her load her different games on my computer, she usually removes her name before she goes back, I called Xbox and they said they'd take her off and it never happened, I also tried to get Microsoft to do something but they said I have to speak to you.. I have Windows 10 64byte. thanks

If you are signed on to her account, right-click the Windows icon in the lower right corner, select "Shut down or sign out", then "Sign out". Then sign on using your account.

Ben

Ask a Question