Sony laptop error0xC0000225

Reaction score
Laptop boots to recovery screen with error 0xC0000225. I have vaio recov cd tryiny to get data off but it either errors out or writes only little bit. Can't lose this data. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
not sure what caused your issue, but if you have the Recovery CD.
1. insert the CD
2. turn off the Laptop
3. take the battery out if you can
4. plug in the AC Adapter
start the laptop and unless you changed the boot menu it will auto read the Recovery CD, and give you instructions...
READ Carefully, and follow all instructions....
=--------------------=
Other wise do you have any other MEDIA which you laptop will boot to. such as a Windows USB or DVD. whic you can do a Clean Install.
this also saves your data to a Windows.old where you can then access all data and recovery that way or at least move.
=--------------------=
If you have other media from which you can boot to. you have other options with which to repair you Boot MBR.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a thumb drive which supposedly has win10 ISO file on it. I put it in but could not get the computer to boot from it. I have this because my other computer also died. Hippy new year to me.
I will try your other idea too. Would be great if data gets autosaved.!

Reaction score
Not all USBs are Bootable... due to improper format and settings.... to check if bootable, I use Ultra Iso, open the USB with it, and it will tell you if Bootable
1578330000896.png
or not.... if not bootable, then you can open Bootable
1578330049533.png
and load a boot file (bootfix.bin), then save
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19j3zQ4j0XQ_EcUryuahotk3s78Ycg_Jm, Ultra ISO will also make a .bak of your old files, so you loose nothing. then you can reopen your new and insure it is bootable. I also recommend FREE Rufus to make and burn any ISO to make bootable, almost any set of files that need to be bootable... I also flash my HDD/SSD firmware this way.

Reaction score
I have a thumb drive which supposedly has win10 ISO file on it. I put it in but could not get the computer to boot from it. I have this because my other computer also died. Hippy new year to me.
I will try your other idea too. Would be great if data gets autosaved.!
If you use the UPGRADE method, then you loose nothing. all data is as you installed, THIS Method only updates/upgrades/repairs your OS.

Reaction score
Created the ISO thumb with help from usoft support. They used Rufus. I'm to use it on the dead desktop when my replacement drive gets here today.

Reaction score
Dead laptop is HDD is dead - I would check to insure it boots even if HDD is dead, and many times it is nice to see if the BIOS sees the HDD/SSD. the BIOs also allows you do a memory scan for issues... I have found many DEAD laptops were not DEAD, all it needed was BIOS test and HDD added. If the BIOs does not see then many think DEAD and the MBR can corrupt an not allow the OS to lead...
please explain DEAD laptop better... :) :)

Ask a Question