Sound icon in taskbar not working after creator update

Reaction score
All the references I can find to this problem refer to a missing sound icon. Mine is there, but it doesn't work following the update to the creator edition or whatever its called tonight.

Reaction score
Have you tried shutting your PC down completely, hold the start button down for 10 seconds then turn on and reboot. Also check your sound settings, in the search box/field type "Sound" it will list the sound settings. The update may have muted your sound?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you click the Start Button and simply type
sound
and hit enter or select it from the top of the results.....
Does it produce the normal "Sound" dialog box?

Reaction score
if you right click the Taskbar, there is a settings option. Maybe if you go to the which icons appear on the taskbar and turn off, then on, it might reset.

Sometimes signing out of Windows, then logging back in can reset certain things.

I assume you mean when you say it isn't working, you can't left click for the volume control or right click for other options. You may need to reinstall the driver but make sure one is available for your system before you try.

Reaction score
All the references I can find to this problem refer to a missing sound icon. Mine is there, but it doesn't work following the update to the creator edition or whatever its called tonight.
Hi,
I had the same problem on 3 different computers. This worked for me:
From the search menu, go to 'turn system icons on and off',
Switch 'Volume' to off,
Reboot your computer
Go to 'turn system icons on and off' again and switch 'Volume' back to on.
Bingo!

Ask a Question