SSD Prices Continue to drop

Reaction score
I'd rather get closer to 500 read/write for just a little bit more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107
  • Max Sequential Read: Up to 450 MBps
  • Max Sequential Write: Up to 450 MBps
I prefer Mushkin, Samsung, OCZ. I'll also consider Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, SanDisk, and possibly Intel or G-Skill. There may not be anything wrong with the other makers. I haven't seem anyone try to build their reputation.

Back to the topic though. I remember being stubborn and refusing to purchase because prices were $2/GB. Said I would never purchase until pricing dropped to $1/GB. Now if you keep watch, prices below $0.25/GB can be found. Such as 500GB drives sold for for less than $125 or 240GB for less than $60.

Reaction score
Claimed speeds of course are not often accurate but some drives are commonly tested and benchmarks published. Claimed speeds for the above mentioned drive are acceptable if you read just a bit further. I have had no problems with new brands of SSD's and think that they are all reliable having heard nothing to the contrary.

bb.PNG

Ask a Question