Stack in "please wait" during start up!

Reaction score
Hello boys & girls,
As most ignorant unlucky guys, i find myself in a bit of a mess and require someones assistance.

2 weeks ago i updated to windows 10 when a notification for free update pop up and i thought why not ...

At first i found it a bit slow but it had some cool features so i kept working with it. Today it started crashing and restarting so i googled it and i found a "solution" through regedit/smt/windows nt/smt i dont remember ...
Anw the instructions were to save a new registry which i did in the folder it came up when i highlighted the folder and then went to file and export if i recall correctly ...
Finally the instructions were to delete a certain extention from those 4-5 folders in the registry which i did and restart ...
Since then the windows fail to start and i'm stack with a blue screen with those white dots circling above the please wait instruction...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Your current problem is probably due to the registry edits, so....
You're going to have to perform a System Restore, to a point in time prior to you having made them.
To do that you will need to use the Advanced Troubleshooting options.
To do that you may need the installation media.
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options.
You should see something like this, from which to choose "System Restore".

CommandPrompt.JPG

Ask a Question