SOLVED Star Wars BattleFront crashing showing DX Error

Reaction score
Hi,
Up until 2 days ago I've been playing Star Wars BattleFront with no problems what so ever..
Then yesterday I ran a iobit Advanced SystemCare and did a complete scan of my computer cleaning out junk files, cleaning out the Registry, the sort of maintence you do once in a while..
I have no Restore points to go back to..
Now I'm not pointing any fingers to a particular program but it does seem a bit of a coincidence that now my Game keeps crashing about as soon as I start playing it, loads fine, but after I enter into the game everything grinds to a halt, with a Ping in the background and throwing a DX error. :eek:

Now I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and again it does exactly the same, with the same error..
I reinstalled the latest Graphic Drivers and the same happens, I've gone back over and tried a older Driver, same happens, I've been playing this game for a month with no problems...
My Graphics Card is a ATI R9 200 series with 2GB onboard..
I've attached a screenshot of the Error..
My Graphics is sitting fine in its slot no problem...
I'm thinking some program has corrupted a DX file, is it possible to uninstall DX and reinstall it ? o_O
Any ideas...
Only thing I can think of next to do is a complete reinstall of my Windows 10..
Thanks...

Attachments

• DX Error.jpg
    DX Error.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 971
Reaction score
Fully working again, while checking through my Services it appear Origin Client Services (Origin is a free gaming service) was disabled ? restarted it and selected Automatic and tried the game again and its fully working with no errors..
How this came to be disabled I'm not sure... but glad to say its all up and running..
If you have this Game Star Wars BattleFront and you too end up with a DX Error, check your Services and make sure Origin Client Services is not Disabled !
This post can now be closed....

Attachments

• client.jpg
    client.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 734

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question