SOLVED Start button

Reaction score
I have read and implemented the suggestions on how to get my start button back. No Luck. Since I downloaded Windows 10 (upgrading from 7) is there anyway to reinstall Windows 10. And it there is do you think it will solve my problem?
Thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have read and implemented the suggestions on how to get my start button back. No Luck. Since I downloaded Windows 10 (upgrading from 7) is there anyway to reinstall Windows 10. And it there is do you think it will solve my problem?
Thanks

Why do you need a Start " button". Just press the Windows Logo button on your keyboard. It does the EXACT same thing. It's located between the left " Ctrl" button and " alt" on 99% of all us based keyboards.

This simple one key-deal has BEEN the case since at least the Xp days.

Reaction score
Why do you need a Start " button". Just press the Windows Logo button on your keyboard. It does the EXACT same thing. It's located between the left " Ctrl" button and " alt" on 99% of all us based keyboards.

Windows 10 comes with a start button or should. They have not trashed that yet.. It should work, there is a problem if it does not even show.

Reaction score
Well since I have tried all the suggestions and had no luck Today I downloaded the Classic Shell and I am now a happy camper. Thank you all for your suggestions and support.

Reaction score

Why do you need a Keyboard. Just get a Mic and let Cortana do it all.:)

Reaction score
I am sorry, but I do not understand why this should be a problem at all. This is one of the prime icons of Win 8/10 and an upgrade makes it inoperative? Same thing happened during the Win 7 to Win 8 upgrade. My Start button stopped working about a month after a recent upgrade this year. Now it only turns red and I shutdown by doing a Win+X and going for shutdown options. However, not only does the Win start button not work on the screen, the Win button on the keyboard alone pulls up nothing (i.e. the wonderful new great way of avoiding the desktop and getting all those movable rectangles....LOL) The really bad thing is, my desktop Dell was upgraded to 10 when I was downstairs watching TV without me even asking for it!! Shades of Win 8 upgrades!

Reaction score
I had a friends PC that the start button and taskbar wouldn't respond. The right click at the start button did and I was able to get to the command prompt. I found that if I create a new account with admin rights the start button should work. You can google but it takes 1 command to create the account and one to give it admin rights. I rebooted and everthing worked fine. Then I did my PC which the Store, Camera and Mail apps weren't working. I did the same but my original account was a MS account. So I had to replace the folders under C:\users\Newaccountname with the folder from the C:\users\oldaccountname folder. I had to be logged in as the old account for it to have the rights to copy. I also set Onedrive and Outllook to use my MS account eventhough I'm logging is with a local account. Now all is working except I had to set up mail accounts again.

Reaction score
I appreciate the helpful replies and thank you for taking the time out to do so. However, I have no idea why, but the problem has disappeared without doing anything. My Start window is back up and working. Maybe it was a Win update. Not sure. Now all I have is the lack of sound on my laptop that was upgraded to Win 10 last year. Seems this was also a problem in previous upgrades to 7 and 8 as well and that I am not alone in this for Win 10. Another egads moment.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
I had the happen before similar but not the start button. I had issue with the Mail and camera app. They didn't work 99.9% of the time but when they did the store didn't work. After a reboot the store would work and mail and camera wouldn't. What I did was downloaded touch mail from the store and a couple of camera app. Then all of a sudden the store app stopped working also. Last week I created a new local admin account and they all are working now. The old account was a MS account and the new a local account but I was able to link my MS accounts to sync Onedrive and the store even with a local account.

Reaction score
the worst part is when I want to drag a text file to the startup folder of the start menu to make it sow up every time the computer turns on and, guess what?

no dragging to any startup folder to any start menu.

hilarious.

Reaction score
tpcs,
The Windows logo button does NOT do the same thing. My START button stopped working. You can't get your apps to come up without the Start/Windows button. Where have you been? This has been a problem since 10 was released. Now, personally, I don't want to have to go to windows explorer and go to the Programs File or the Programs File (86) and look for the program I want to run.

Ask a Question