SOLVED Start icon doesn't work

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a series of win 10 problems. To start with one of them...
Start icon doesn't react on a left click with the mouse ; right click is o.k.

Volume icon in task bar :
►right click = always reaction, the menu appears.
►left double click = always reaction . Then, after closing the menu, one left click and the icon gives the menu, but only one time . Next time, after closing the menu, I have to double click again to see the menu.

notice : both the icons are giving a visible reaction in the color of the upper (tab) bar by each click right or left on the start icon.

If anyone knows a solution, it would make an old man very happy:) ...

Kind regards,

Guy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Guy and welcome to the forum.
My suggestion would be to test the problem using another new user account and see if the issue is unique to your user profile or a global issue with the OS.
Right click the Start Button and from the context menu choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith
Test with that user account to see what does and doesn't work.

Reaction score
Hello Trouble / Moderator,

Thanks for the " welcome to the forum" and also for the suggestion with the new accounts. I'm going to write this suggestion down in my " WIN 10 troubles-solutions - file" for the future ...
I'm talking about the use in the future, because I found a solution yesterday evening.
Here's the way I did it; maybe this solution is also useful for someone else... ( I found this solution in a newsletter from Menno Schoone , a Dutch author of computer books ; so all credit goes to him. )
Right click the Start Button and from the context menu choose Command Prompt (Admin).
Then type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ( or do a copy here and paste, to have the right context)
Hit enter and wait till this screen is visible ( it takes a while)
upload_2016-7-14_7-36-2.png

Restart the PC.
After restarting the computer, I've got a bunch of Updates. I do not know if there is a relationship between the action I did and the Updates.
In each case after all this actions, the start button and the speaker button are doing the jobs they need to do !

Up to my next problem...

Guy

Ask a Question