Start Menu wont open - Right click on file browser makes it not to respond

Reaction score
I have upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I am experiencing those kind of problems. I did some searches and found out that I am not the only one and that we have to wait for a patch. Is there a way to fix them somehow? I ran a powershell code without success and there seems to be no other way.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
At the sign in screen hold the shift key while using the power button to restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (selection #4 when you arrive at the appropriate screen).
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/ the screens should be very similar as described in that article.
Does everything seem to work as expected while in Safe Mode?

Reaction score
I am going to give it a try and tell you the results.

EDIT: Going to safe mode forced a task to open which fixed the start menu but it takes for the black and empty desktop 1-3minutes to make the background, icons and all the other buttons appear. Right clicking on a file now doesn't stop the filebrowser but takes minutes to open the menu.

To resume, it responds now but takes lonk to respond. I am glad that I can do everything I could now but it takes to long. I had to go to task manager > file location > C:// etc. to access the browser back when it was broken.

Last edited:

Ask a Question