SOLVED Start up from sleep mode

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Windows 10 I cannot wake up my computer from sleep mode. With Windows 7 and 8.1 all I had to do was tap any key and the computer would wake up. Now that doesn't work. I have to press and hold down the power button to force a shut down and then restart, sometimes two or three times before anything happens. This problem only appeared after I installed Windows 10. How can I fix it? I have a Toshiba Equium Laptop which has never had this problem before.

Reaction score
No, not working again despite checking settings. Will not boot up from sleep or shut down straight away. I have to force shut down several times before it boots properly.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I was able to fix mine, but I am not sure if I remember the path. The regular solutions given about adjusting to 'never' mode (in the typical suggested areas) did not work for me. My computer still shut off after 15 minutes, and I had to turn the computer off and then on again. Very frustrating. After fiddling with it for another day, I kept poking around and finally found another area where you could adjust to 'never' mode. I think the path is: control panel, hardware & sound, power settings, edit plan settings. You can adjust to never mode here. Hope it works for you.

Ask a Question