SOLVED Stealth update (KB4482887)

Reaction score
I never got the automatic on several machines over the last few days, always had to do the "Check for updates" to get it. One thing it did do was to 'hide' the Windows Defender icon on the Notification Area, not a biggy as a couple of clicks brought it back to visible.

Reaction score
I noticed this update is supposed to fix one item I was seeing and that was the notification window coming up on the wrong side of the screen and then switching back to normal.

The part about black screens and docks may also be relevant.

I normally check for updates manually so it should have shown up last week unless I just did not catch it.

Thanks..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here.

I see Microsoft has marked this as March 1st

All I can tell you is that my computer was on all weekend and is set for auto updates and when I saw your post I went and checked manually and it reported "nothing here" and that it had check this A.M.
So..... I have no idea how this was rolled out but my guess is that it didn't become broadly available in my time zone at least, until sometime after noon today.

Reaction score
None of my systems have gotten it with Automatic updates, all have been with manual only. Maybe this is another way Microsoft is testing the updates before letting them go normally.

I only have one system having a problem with the Settings window staying open and it may have started prior to the updates. I have uninstalled that update on the machine which has not helped but I have not yet uninstalled the .Net update that arrived at the same time..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Expecting next Tuesday to have another CU if my Insider Preview machine that is still on the Release Preview Ring is any indication
KB4492978 bumps the OS build number to 17763.349.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

More or less exactly what I was thinking.
I suppose it'll be bundled with a couple more fixes and another number but we'll wait and see.

Reaction score
My Toshiba laptop got this one too right away and installed without issues....

Reaction score
It seems to be a very small update, and takes very little time to install. I would expect Microsoft to be reserved in update content since we are so close to the new build release..

Reaction score
Well, Microsoft should be very happy right now, they just received a BSOD report from my gaming system. I noticed the last update dealt with HoloLens and I had started a VR game using my Vive Pro...

Since the messages seemed to point at Nvidia, I updated my driver from a 416 to 419 version and that seems to have fixed it, so far.

Ask a Question