Still Waiting....

Reaction score
I've been Running 8.1 for ages and I'm still waiting for any sign of life that Windows 10 may be coming my way, any idea when this thing might arrive?

Bif

Reaction score
??????...???
Umm,it's here and has been for awhile...download the media creation tool from Microsoft and let the install begin.

Reaction score
Capture.PNG
Do you have this on the right of your taskbar?

If not, Check that you have uploaded all the available updates for your computer. If not already, put the updates on automatic.

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, I'm quadriplegic and don't go out so don't get the opportunity to ask others questions.

I've had the same message for months when I click on the icon in my taskbar – "working on having windows 10 ready for all computers......"

Just noticed there is a message about my computer being set to automatically login which may cause problems – I'm not particularly computer literate but I'll see where this leads me. Wish me luck.

Reaction score
presumably the way forward may be to prevent my computer from automatically logging in – problem is I don't know how to do that, any suggestions?

Reaction score
"working on having windows 10 ready for all computers......" wonder if there is something about your PC that W10 is unhappy about. Perhaps if you post info about your PC. CPU, amount of ram, free space on disk, video card and network card are the usual culprits with the BIOS set up and its chip set following on behind.

Reaction score
I think the message may have said you do have to have updates set to automatic. If not Settings - Update and security - See if you can change the setting there.

If you are able, then in a reasonable time, anything from ten minutes to a day,, if you check updates again, I am sure you will see they are available.

Reaction score
"working on having windows 10 ready for all computers......" wonder if there is something about your PC that W10 is unhappy about. Perhaps if you post info about your PC. CPU, amount of ram, free space on disk, video card and network card are the usual culprits with the BIOS set up and its chip set following on behind.

this is the spec for my computer, I know nothing about the BIOS as I'm not technical enough, I've got plenty of RAM as you can see and I've got1.47 TB of disk space free. My suspicion has always been that it's something to do with my operating system, it was bought on ebay as a genuine Windows 8.1 pro with media centre and it's always worked perfectly But that's the only thing "different" about my computer.

Intel Core i7 3770K Processor 3.50 GHz (No Overclocking)

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler

Generic thermal paste

Asus P8H77-M PRO Motherboard

16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)

Integrated Intel Graphics

Intel 120GB 330 Series Solid State Drive

2000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps

LG Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive (Blu-ray playback software supplied for Windows 7 only)

Xigmatek Premium Grade 600W PSU

Onboard High Definition Audio

17 in 1 3.5" Internal Card Reader

USB 802.11N Wireless Adaptor

Windows 8 64 bit

Reaction score
I think the message may have said you do have to have updates set to automatic. If not Settings - Update and security - See if you can change the setting there.

If you are able, then in a reasonable time, anything from ten minutes to a day,, if you check updates again, I am sure you will see they are available.

updates are set to automatic already.

Reaction score
this is the spec for my computer, I know nothing about the BIOS as I'm not technical enough, I've got plenty of RAM as you can see and I've got1.47 TB of disk space free. My suspicion has always been that it's something to do with my operating system, it was bought on ebay as a genuine Windows 8.1 pro with media centre and it's always worked perfectly But that's the only thing "different" about my computer.

Intel Core i7 3770K Processor 3.50 GHz (No Overclocking)

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler

Generic thermal paste

Asus P8H77-M PRO Motherboard

16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)

Integrated Intel Graphics

Intel 120GB 330 Series Solid State Drive

2000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps

LG Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive (Blu-ray playback software supplied for Windows 7 only)

Xigmatek Premium Grade 600W PSU

Onboard High Definition Audio

17 in 1 3.5" Internal Card Reader

USB 802.11N Wireless Adaptor

Windows 8 64 bit
Why don't you input these specs into your profile??

Reaction score
Do you have plenty of free space on the SSD which I presume is C: ? IIRC you need 20GB temporarily to do the install.

IIRC W10 does not support Media Centre. I wonder if that could be it?

Your W8/W8.1 is activated and legal? That can be checked via a MS website I believe.

Reaction score
Do you have plenty of free space on the SSD which I presume is C: ? IIRC you need 20GB temporarily to do the install.

IIRC W10 does not support Media Centre. I wonder if that could be it?

Your W8/W8.1 is activated and legal? That can be checked via a MS website I believe.

I only have 48.6 GB free on the SSD

Reaction score
I think that a W10 install TEMPORARILY requires several Gb.
And you checked your W8 licence?

Ask a Question