Stop Auto Rotation Of Photos

Reaction score
hi I have been trying site after site to try and find a way to stop an uploaded photo from rotating, it doesn't happen to every photo but driving me nuts. Thanks Geoff.

Reaction score
What is the origination of the photos? If they are from a phone, you may be holding it in the horizontal orientation.

What are you looking at the photos with? Have you tried right clicking and selecting Edit?

Reaction score
What is the origination of the photos? If they are from a phone, you may be holding it in the horizontal orientation.

What are you looking at the photos with? Have you tried right clicking and selecting Edit?
thanks it's on my computer the photo is great only until I want to put it onto a site where it's uploaded and then I'm upside down.

Reaction score
thanks it's on my computer the photo is great only until I want to put it onto a site where it's uploaded and then I'm upside down.
Geoff,
Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 10 to view your photos? If you are, the photos that you see on your computer might not have the same orientation as the ones that you uploaded to websites. Here's an article that shows you how to find out which photos were rotated and how to correct them using the Paint program: Image Rotation Issue With Windows 10

Reaction score
I just got windows 10 64 bit and this photo rotating problem is so irritating! I am using a Canon Power Show ELPH 360 HS camera.
When I turn the camera to take a vertical picture it imports perfectly fine into the file manager because the camera has good software to recognize the orientation of the picture. The pictures view fine on the computer. THE PROBLEM HAPPENS WHEN UPLOADING TO EBAY OR AMAZON and then it auto-rotates back to landscape orientation (AKA auto rotates counterclockwise 90 degrees). There needs to be a solution that will either disable this feature or force windows to respect the orientation at the time of importing and leave images at that orientation when uploading to a website such as Ebay or Amazon.
Vertical image imported properly and viewed properly.JPG
Windows has forced rotate this picture back to landscape counterclockwise 90 deg.JPG

Ask a Question