Stop Code - Kernel Data Inpage Error

Reaction score
I've read what I could about people dealing with BSOD but didn't see this particular one. My stop code says Kernal Data Inpage Error. Under that is "what field" and "Ahcache.sys"

I've done the check disk thing again and it's running now. This was my third BSOD this week. Why are my files getting corrupted? I've already done the reinstall of Win 10 too, a few months ago.

Can the hardware, the physical hard drive in my Dell XPS 8700 be contributing to this problem or is only a software problem with Windows 10? I'm tempted to try another computer but that wouldn't do any good if it's a Microsoft problem. This XPS was near the top of the line of what Dell carries.
Thanks, Larry

Reaction score
About 15 minutes after posting the above message I got the same BSOD with the same error message. Apparently running check disk didn't really fix this problem, only momentarily. I also verified that file paging was set to be determined by the system. Any other ideas on things I can try?
Thanks, Larry

Reaction score
Thanks, Norton. The test ran OK (after I realized it was running in Chrome and I needed to kill my addons). It didn't find any real problems. I ran the thorough test which took a couple hours. So I guess I'm stuck with Windows 10 issues.

Reaction score
According to another website, my problem could be related to memory or installed programs. I took a look at installed programs and found Microsoft has installed all of these without my knowledge:
March 10: OneNote
March 9:Mail And Calendar, Store
March 8:Groove Music, People
March 3:

Reaction score
Wow, my computer is acting so weird that it posted that message on it's own before I was through.
March 3:Microsoft OneDrive
March 2:Alarms & Clock,Photos,

Reaction score
this is annoying. I hit return and it posts the message. Anyway there's one more on
Feb. 2: Movies & TV

I recognize some of those programs as being on the pop-up menu when you click the windows icon.

Anyone know what it going on with all those programs being added, especially within the last week? They are all from MIcrosoft and can't be uninstalled. If they're part of some update that I didn't know was going on why would they be installed individually instead of just part of the update.
Could they be causing these errors and BSODs?

Reaction score
I've read what I could about people dealing with BSOD but didn't see this particular one. My stop code says Kernal Data Inpage Error. Under that is "what field" and "Ahcache.sys"

I've done the check disk thing again and it's running now. This was my third BSOD this week. Why are my files getting corrupted? I've already done the reinstall of Win 10 too, a few months ago.

Can the hardware, the physical hard drive in my Dell XPS 8700 be contributing to this problem or is only a software problem with Windows 10? I'm tempted to try another computer but that wouldn't do any good if it's a Microsoft problem. This XPS was near the top of the line of what Dell carries.
Thanks, Larry
Start the disk scanner Run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart the computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start the computer because of the error, use the Recovery Console and runChkdsk /r.
Also, follow the steps in the below document to make sure that all the hardware components on the computer are working fine.
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/kernel-data-inpage-error/
Solution 1.Test Hard disk drive (HDD)
Solution 2.Test Random-access memory (RAM)

Ask a Question