STOP STOP STOP

Reaction score
Microsoft - if you see this .. STOP - is that clear - resetting my file associations .. I AINT intersted in your EDGE BROWSER EVER
leave my PDF file associations alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Have you set the default in the control panel to your favorite browser.? I use Chrome as mine, and have all the default set to Chrome. It has never tried to change back

Reaction score
it isnt so much the browser setting .. though that has been changed also .. but the program extension associations I have lost count of how many times I need to go in and change the .pdf extension to associate with .. surprise surprise - ADOBE .. and is a fn pain in the ass ... first it takes this so called fast Windows 10 forever to popualte what seems like a list of 10000 items . and as long to scroll to the correct one .. . so will they freakn please stop changing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Get ready.... it's update Tuesday again and another Cumulative Update (KB3124263).
So.... you'll probably be fixing it again.

Reaction score
As Trouble says. Bu8t have you also changed your PDF associated reader to your own program? Edge is the default for PDFs, otherwise.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And now....

Capture.JPG

I'm running the same build as my Windows 10 (insider preview) Phone which has had this build for about a week or so.
They seem to running neck and neck for build updates.

Reaction score
I am about to disconnect all but one tablet from the internet- no more change from micorsaoft allowed

Reaction score
Get ready.... it's update Tuesday again and another Cumulative Update (KB3124263).
So.... you'll probably be fixing it again.
I got the update, but MS said that were going to release them as they became available, not on a patch Tuesday type thing. Another lie from Redmond...

Bif

Reaction score
I am about to disconnect all but one tablet from the internet- no more change from micorsaoft allowed
An appropriate response in theory but far from a practical one..at some point your machine will need the required updates to run properly..it's just the nature of the beast.

Reaction score
Frankly, no they wont - not in their useful life span they wont ... the 3rd party software loaded does everythng I need it to .. there isnt any need for it to change during the life span I need it (them) for .. and as I said .. one machine (SEPARATE) from everything else can be used for whatever

Reaction score
Microsoft - if you see this .. STOP - is that clear - resetting my file associations .. I AINT intersted in your EDGE BROWSER EVER
leave my PDF file associations alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that's why I don't use Edge browser, or One Drive; both are equally worthless.

Ask a Question