Storage problems?

Reaction score
I recently updated to windows 10, and I though all was well.

But I have now noticed I have 558 GB of hard drive been used under the Apps and Games section?
I have used the new storage page, and there is nothing much really in there?

I am really at a lose for what is taking the space up

Can anybody help

Reaction score
If you are referring to the Settings - System - Storage, mine shows the amount of space used on the C: drive. So yours is using 558 GB out of How Much?

Reaction score
upload_2016-1-5_16-11-56.png

This not my PC but where it is highlighted mine says 558GB

Reaction score
There may be some info which would help you get a better answer. Of the 558 GB, how much do you think is bizarre? have you checked the folder individually to see is any show some large amount.

If you upgraded to 10, you may have a Windows.old folder which is an archive of your old files. You may have an image which was used to upgrade the system.

Try to find where the overage is located and track it down. Right clicking a folder and selecting properties will show how much is in that particular folder.

Some folks might recommend a utility named TreeSize to show detailed info about your data. I have no experience myself.

Reaction score
Sorry, I am not familiar with your attachment. Is this a Windows 10 utility and if so what is the path to get there.

Otherwise, my previous post is all I can think of.

Ask a Question