Storage Spaces not working correctly!

Reaction score
Having problems creating a Storage Space for my movies & misc files. I have over 600 movies in my collection, & want to save most of them to HDs on my pc. Here's the problem I'm having every single time!!!!!

Pic 1: my computer w? all drives.

Pic 2: disk manager w? all drives.

Pics 3 - 7: Storage Spaces dialog.

Pic 8: PC w/ drives missing.

Pic 9: Device Manager w/ drives missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TYIA!
1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png
1.png

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

Reaction score
The last image showing Disk 1, Disk 2 and Disk 3 indicate by the Unallocated that they can't be used until they are first partitioned then formatted then assigned a Drive Letter. After that the drives should shown in File Explorer [or alternate file managers] and any other places needed.

Reaction score
And there is no reason, for you task, to mark them for use as storage. That will, of course, remove the drive letters again

Reaction score
The last image showing Disk 1, Disk 2 and Disk 3 indicate by the Unallocated that they can't be used until they are first partitioned then formatted then assigned a Drive Letter. After that the drives should shown in File Explorer [or alternate file managers] and any other places needed.

The "last image" is after attempting to create the pool. Storage spaces boots (as in Kicks me out, not restarts) the drives off the system, unallocating them. I have to go back into disk management & recreate them into a simple volume for my computer to read them.

Reaction score
The "last image" is after attempting to create the pool. Storage spaces boots (as in Kicks me out, not restarts) the drives off the system, unallocating them. I have to go back into disk management & recreate them into a simple volume for my computer to read them.
After looking at that image on a larger screen and the very bottom of it and the page at https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-spaces-windows-10, seems the use of RAID is not necessary.

Ask a Question