Strange Sound and video problem

Reaction score
I just upgraded today to Windows 10. When I go to to watch a video on youtube, the video and sound works on the advertisement but when the video starts it seems to be buffering and the sound is very scratchy. The same thing happens on Netflix. It never did this in windows 8. The sound seems to work in other apps . The network is fine. I have Windows 10 on another computer and everything works fine . I can give more info on the computer if needed.

Reaction score
I have the same issue, on YouTube, Netflix and local media. Also the "how to videos" for Windows 10 itself. the computer having the issue is an ultrabook so I don't have a video card, so I don't think it is a nvida issue.

Reaction score
I ended up going back to windows 7 until they sort this out. The problem in doing that is Windows now thinks my copy of 7 is a fake but it was genuine before I tried win10 and then did the rollback to win7. :-(

Reaction score
I ended up going back to windows 7 until they sort this out. The problem in doing that is Windows now thinks my copy of 7 is a fake but it was genuine before I tried win10 and then did the rollback to win7. :-(
I had a similar problem with my other computer. I paid for the upgrade from 7 to 8 and then 8.1. after the hard drive died. I reinstalled the rescue disk (win 7) and now the computer will not accept that I am entitled to 8.

Reaction score
I just upgraded today to Windows 10. When I go to to watch a video on youtube, the video and sound works on the advertisement but when the video starts it seems to be buffering and the sound is very scratchy. The same thing happens on Netflix. It never did this in windows 8. The sound seems to work in other apps . The network is fine. I have Windows 10 on another computer and everything works fine . I can give more info on the computer if needed.

Make sure that the volume feature in your YouTube video player Is turned on all the way.

You can do this, by hovering your cursor over the video player, and locating the volume symbol at the bottom left-hand corner of it, followed by clicking on the volume symbol if the volume line is gray instead of red then your YouTube video players volume feature is turned off and you can fix this issue by moving the volume lever in the previously mentioned video player all the way to the top of the volume bar in the YouTube video player, if you have tried this and the volume for YouTube on your computer is still not working, then call your computer manufacturer (ex: HP, Acer, ASUS, DELL, etc.) and ask them what you should do about your technical issues.

Also, to save you time and effort: I called HP two weeks ago myself and the two customer service representatives that I spoke to on the telephone told me that neither one of them could help me fix my desktop PC when it wasn't working correctly, because HP only provides customer/technical support via telephone for desktop PCs and notebooks that are less than three years old.

If neither HP, Acer, ASUS, DELL, etc. can assist you with your technical issues then your other option is to contact Microsoft via their Microsoft Chat feature on their website or through their toll free customer service phone number (you can find Microsoft toll-free customer service telephone number, by going online to Bing.com or Google Search via your Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome and/or Microsoft Edge internet browsers and typing in the search boxes: Microsoft customer service telephone number --- personally, I suggest using Bing for this, because if you type in the words: Microsoft customer service telephone number and press enter via your keyboard then Microsoft customer service telephone number will appear as the very first search result/it after you've used Bing for finding their customer service telephone number) and asking the customer representative that talks to you on your cell phone, smartphone and/or telephone what he /or she can do to fix your technical issues for your computer electronically on their ends, or ask the customer service representative tat talks to you on your cell phone, smartphone and/or telephone what YOU can do to fix your desktop PC and/or notebook electronically.

Your other option is to do a complete System Recovery on your desktop PC and/or notebook (back up all of your files via an installation disk or a USB flash drive first!!!) and seeing if the volume on YouTube.com works properly after you have done the System Recovery on your desktop PC and/or notebook.

I doubt it but the volume issue that you are having (or that you were having) may have been occurring because of the internet browser that you were using at the time ---- it is recommended that ALL Microsoft Windows OS users use Google Chrome on their desktop PC and/or notebooks for their Internet access needs and enjoyment.

I hope all of this information helps you with your YouTube Video volume technical issues, and I hope that you will return to Microsoft Windows 10 Home soon --- thanks for using Microsoft Windows 10 Forums.

Have a great day!!!!
~~~~ @pinellas2015 ~~~~

Last edited:
Reaction score
I doubt it but the volume issue that you are having (or that you were having) may have been occurring because of the internet browser that you were using at the time ---- it is recommended that ALL Microsoft Windows OS users use Google Chrome on their desktop PC and/or notebooks for their Internet access needs and enjoyment.

Chrome is just explorer dressed up in a different skin, so if you tube won't run properly on Explorer11 why would it run on Chrome? I'm just curious as I don't want to go through the whole installation process again on a hunch that using Chrome "might" help as I can't roll back again as from my understanding it was a "one-shot deal". Will a windows rep ever update us on these problems here on the forum so we will know when it's safe to try Win10 again? Cheers!

Ask a Question