SOLVED Stripped drive going bad

Reaction score
I have a desktop computer which besides a SSD boot disk, I have 4 1TB drives which are stripped. Lately every time I reboot I go through a scan process and repair of that stripped disk. I have moved my user profiles to that drive some time ago but a user folder with little information remains on the boot drive. The documents folder under the admin folder is large so I would just like to move the desktop folder back to the boot disk. As an alternative. I copied everything in that stripped drive to another partition on a large USB drive. Can I change the drive letter on the stripped disk and then rename the partition with the copy to the old letter? Would all my links work to that renamed partition and then could I change out the drives that were stripped? PS the stripped drives are 10 years old.

Reaction score
:)Update: I got brave. I shut down my computer and unplugged the stripped drives. Then I booted and renamed the copy of the stripped drive with the stripped drive the same as the old stripped drive and changed users to the user on the copied drive. It did work. Some of the files that I didn't update were old but it did work. I guess I don't have to move the profile back to the boot drive.

Ask a Question