Stuck @ 66 percent

Reaction score
My laptop says windows updating it's been on 66 for a week. i have unplugged it an when power back up still stuck.. what can I do?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First try a hard reset.
Remove the power adapter from the AC (wall outlet), flip it over and remove the battery, flip it back over open it up and press and hold the power button and count to 30.
Close it, flip it over and replace the battery, plug it back into the AC adapter and wall outlet, power it up and see if that makes any difference.
Make sure you don't have any peripherals attached. No USB dongles, printers etc., etc.

We're seeing a fair amount of issues, apparently with the Windows 10 latest update causing some issues such as yours. I myself experienced something similar recently which required some extraordinary steps to work around the problem.

IF a hard reset doesn't seem to help at all you might try Microsoft's utility "wushowhide.diagcab"
Available here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window
follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.
That should give you a thirty day reprieve

Finally, you can always attempt to boot the system into Safe Mode and or Safe Mode with Networking.
At the sign-in screen.... don't sign in.
Use the Power icon on the sign-in screen to restart your computer while holding down the shift key on your keyboard to "restart" to get to "Startup Settings"

StartupSettings.PNG

Restart.PNG

When you arrive at the appropriate screen choose #4 Safe Mode. It'll look funny and you may see some references to some "Apps" can't run. Don't worry about that, just run it for a while and see how it behaves.
Then go back and test #5 Safe Mode with Networking and test that mode.

Choose4or5.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ask a Question