SOLVED Stuck in a loop

Reaction score
The upgrade to W10 has left me with a blue 'Welcome Back' screen and a 'Next' button. That's it! Clicking Next causes a reboot back to this screen. I cannot even open in safe mode and all boot options take me back to this screen. Microsoft help - can't!
Has anyone experienced such a disastrous result and is there a cure? W10 is proving to be the most effective virus I've ever received!

Reaction score
My parents have exactly the same issue, but have not yet found a solution - watching this thread with anticipation! I tried to upgrade them to windows 10 at the weekend, but gave up when it said the update had failed. Mysteriously, the update seems to have chosen today (three days after the failed attempt -the PC has been used via windows 7 every day since) to apply itself, without any warning or prompting, but now they cannot get in to windows 10 - going round in circles after entering the password. There was no microsoft log in associated with the PC before the update, if that helps anyone explain how to get around this issue.

Reaction score
I have given up hope of finding a solution given the inability to access any other screen or open in safe mode. So, the PC is with a repair shop and if I get an explanation for what went wrong I will post it. No doubt Microsoft will pay the repair bill without question so all is not lost! Was that a pig flying by my window?

Reaction score
I have given up hope of finding a solution given the inability to access any other screen or open in safe mode. So, the PC is with a repair shop and if I get an explanation for what went wrong I will post it. No doubt Microsoft will pay the repair bill without question so all is not lost! Was that a pig flying by my window?
The best guess is that the W10 download froze at the loss of internet signal. PC returned but a) no WiFi and b) won't sleep or switch off without I press power button. This saga will run a while longer I guess.

Reaction score
I uploaded w10 updates and this fixed the problem with the power button. After connecting to internet via cable this allowed a new driver for WiFi to be downloaded then WiFi worked too. So all is now fixed 1 week and £54 later!

Ask a Question