Stuck in login interface after build update

Reaction score
Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Can someone help me please?

Reaction score
Do you have a USB stick with bootable installation media on it? If so, boot to it and instead of doing the install, choose the link to repair your pc. If you have another system you can download the installation file to a usb and then use it to fix it. Make sure you download the correct version and bit for your laptop. (e.g. 32 bit Home or whatever).

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your response. I did so with the same bootable USB that I used to install the system for the first time. But the repair tool was unable to take any action. I tried also the "back to default" option with no results. This is realy unusual..

Reaction score
I have it in polish, I'll try to translate it as well as I can.

Restore las build option: "A problem has occurred, last build can not be resored. You can try to reboot the current copmpilatoin."

Computer repair tool - starts working then reboots the system and don't do anything else.

Restore last system backup: "No restore points have been made"

Restore defaults with keeping personal data: "A problem has occurred, no changes have been made."

Ask a Question